Bigfoot Boogie 5K
Join us for America’s ONLY 2 State 5K Road Series! The Riverwalk Run Series offers three opportunities, all in McCaysville, Georgia and crossing into Copperhill, Tennessee. Join us Saturday, October 29, 2022 at 2:00pm for the Bigfoot Boogie 5K.
After the 5K, enjoy an afternoon of college football fun, including the nation's greatest rivalry: FLORIDA - GEORGIA kicks off at 3:30pm! Watch inside at the restaurants of Riverwalk Shops or enjoy the TVs along the area's largest riverwalk deck and take in the beautiful Fall weather.
In the evening, stick around for free, LIVE music at TOONEYS, from 5pm - 11pm!!!
The course takes runners through the charming downtowns of McCaysville, Georgia and sister city Copperhill, Tennessee. The community is united by a state line at the heart of historic Copper Basin. Covering 3.1 miles, the course crosses from Georgia into Tennessee and back into Georgia. Participants will also run alongside the famous Toccoa River and across the city’s iconic steel bridge—one of only a few left in America.
The series was created by the McCaysville Business Association, a non-profit organization, to further the goal of fostering economic, cultural and social growth within the community. Drive up for the day or spend a weekend with family and friends in one of the area’s hundreds of scenic cabins. Located just a few miles north of Blue Ridge, Georgia, the region offers plenty of activates that include live music, rafting, craft beer breweries, hiking, fly fishing, and more!
Food, drinks and music will be available before and after the race on the river deck of Riverwalk Shops. Parking is free and plentiful, located right across the finish line at McCaysville’s City Park.
For more information, visit the website at www.RiverwalkRunSeries.com.
12:00 PM Race Setup
2:00 PM Race Start at McCaysville Information Center
3:00 PM Awards inside TOONEYS
3:30 PM Race Cutoff
- Packet pick-up will be available at Burra Burra on the River Friday, 10/28 from 4pm - 6pm and Sat 10/29 from 12pm - 1:45pm.
- Race day registration is scheduled, unless event sells out.
- Water bottles will be handed out *after* the run. However, due to environmental concerns, NO water will be handed out on course. Runners may bring their own.
- All Participants will receive a SHIRT & MEDAL
- Overall Female & Overall Male
- Top Age Group Winners: Female & Male Age Groups - 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Because start & finish lines are in different places, race time is based on “gun to chip” (USATF Rule 245)
Parking - The primary lot is located across from the McCaysville City Park and on city streets.